Friday, December 3, 2010

Day 337

Clouds with meadow.

The last hour at school there were just two kids, and while we were cleaning up at the end, the shorter one, (who is actually the same height as I am now!) asked me if I thought she could leap up and touch a beam.  I said that yes, probably she could.  The other student is taller so it was easy for her.  Shorty bounded up, jumped, and yes, she touched it! 

Then they challenged me!  I protested that I would not be able to, so Shorty said, "But you're the same height as I am!"  and I responded, "Yes, but I'm much older than you!" (and heavier, I thought silently).  "Pfhhhh!  That's no excuse!" they goaded me, and so I tried, and failed.  Then I took a few running leaps and on the fourth try I made it!  They were so proud of me!  So we spent about 10 minutes running back and forth seeing who could touch the beam and I felt about 14 years old!

So due to a variety of reasons, involving a long wild goose chase and much driving in circles, I only got home really late and so tonight a very quick image of me jumping.

No comments:

Post a Comment