Thursday, March 20, 2014

Day 79

I went for a short walk on the beautiful beach, on the lovely first day of Spring, which began with rain and fog, burnt off into sunshine, then ended with a pretty sunset late in the day.  There were such beautiful waves that about 20 surfers blew the cobwebs off their wetsuits and stepped into exhilaration!  Brrrrrh! Bonjour, le printemps!

Panorama of Good Harbour beach.
I woke up into the new day from a sweet dream about a young fawn coming to see us, walking calmly out of the forest, on its impossibly skinny legs, while its mother waited under the trees, snorting nervously.  The small creature came right up to sniff my outstretched hand, and then Tim's.  The little thing wasn't scared at all, just curious and new, its huge innocent eyes gazing at us, its incredibly sweet face, its short soft coat.  Then it turned, satisfied, and went long-legged back to its mother, who took it right through the pond, not around it, so that the youngster had to swim, and I could see its strong twiggy legs churning the water, with perfect instinct, doing doggie-paddle, or deer-paddle, I suppose, and then out on the other side to bask in the sunshine, which was warm and mellow and dappled there.

And then on to the day.  There were about ten imperatives to do, and the hours seem to slip past so quickly.
I did two loads of washing and hung things and folded others and put them away. 
I played the piano for about an hour, accompanied by a turquoise jug of orange tulips shining on the table at the window.  I made progress on Nocturne in E minor.  There you go, Monsieur Chopin!
I made a good start on my report-cards, of which there are many.  (155!)
I spent quite a long time helping my son edit his grant proposal, until it was polished and shining.
I talked to one of my daughters, but not the other, although we texted one another.  There was also a text from Senegal, so I was in contact with all four today!
I watched the birds, which were happy and various.  I saw that the red-bellied woodpecker has returned to delight us. Also, the quick chipmunks have woken up from their intermittent hibernation.
 I didn't do half the things I thought I could, but it was a good day.

I drew the tulips on the kitchen table.


Tulips from Amsterdam (not really)


No comments:

Post a Comment