Friday, January 10, 2014

Tenth day


No running on Fridays, always a long day which starts at 5am with the alarm going off and scaring me.  I hate alarms, hate waking up to their unnatural noise.  You wake in panic, your dream-self filled with consternation. Disoriented, you leap up to stop the infernal sound, then sink back down to tell yourself everything is alright.  Then you force your feet to drag your unwilling body to the bathroom where you sit on the side of the bath for the longest time, slightly unhinged.  What an awful way to start your day!

My sense of location did not work very well today.  I think Boston was getting me back for being rude about it yesterday.  I had to drive three students in to the IB conference, a regular trip of about 20 minutes, which took us 50, with several circular trips through tunnels under the sea, ending up at Logan Airport once and narrowly skirting it a second time.   I said several really bad words which teachers are not supposed to use, and although all three students were very supportive and sweet they were no help at all, none of them being drivers and therefore having no mind-maps of their own as to how the roads work. 

When we got back to school after their presentations, these dear students were so sweet when I apologized for the awful initial trip, commenting on what a wonderful adventure it had been, and eagerly narrating worse experiences they had had with their parents.


So Boston, I do love you, and here is a beautiful photograph of Luna and her mother on the Charlestown ferryboat last summer, and you are somewhere there in the background.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Anne,
    Stumbled on your blog via FB, I enjoyed it so much so that I started reading 2010. When I woke up this morning my first thought was get a cup of coffee and read Anne's blog. It is intriguing to me how disciplined you write, run, draw, illustrate and share your thoughts so easily. In order to remember where I left off in 2010 I am going to read what you wrote in 2014 and then go to the same date in 2010. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Suzanne! I am glad you are enjoying it!

      Delete