Tuesday, February 4, 2014

35th day

 I wrote an entire blog, was just finishing and cut and pasted a sentence in the wrong place, so pressed Alt-Z to undo the paste, and my entire entry has disappeared. 

My first paragraph went something like this:

A beautiful sunshine-on-snow day.  It is important to delight in these short sharp bursts of pleasure, because if you think too hard about the world just about everything is pretty awful: elephants and Monarch butterflies becoming extinct, female genital mutilation, the situation in Damascus, rivers of radio-active water being pumped into the Pacific after the Fukushima disaster, human trafficking, too much plastic in the oceans, too many people...
Mother and baby in Addo Elephant Park in South Africa.
I am too tired and sad to re-write everything, I was trying to cheer myself up with trees and birds, so it will have to wait until tomorrow, I wish to go to sleep like a tree for the cold winter, and wake up to a verdant spring, and burst into blossom.  But it is going to be a snow day tomorrow, so I will re-write it then, or write something entirely new and happier.  

I loved this explanation by a tree researcher who discovered that the concept of mother trees and a communication system between trees which was so beautifully created in the James Cameron movie Avatar, is actually true.  





No comments:

Post a Comment