Friday, May 14, 2010

Day 134

It was a beautiful vernissage, with children playing instruments with such skill and emotion, and the music teacher singing Puccini with her coloratura voice which fills the entire hall without need of amplification, and art all around making people stop and stare and wonder and be proud. 

My husband surprised me at 4 o'clock because he couldn't be there tonight, bearing flowers, the sweetiepie, although he did admit to the flowers being someone else's idea (thanks Chris).  I was very touched that he came all that way to see my art show, even though he is quickly bored at art museums.  So tonight, after all the accolades and excitement, I carefully balanced the flowers on top of the car while I found the keys and settled everything on the back seat, and then drove the 30 miles home, where, as I picked up everything to bring inside, I suddenly recalled their whereabouts.  I even looked on the roof of the car.  I hope someone finds them and they don't just get run over like a squirrel. 

While the music teacher was singing, these two little girls who are twins, I think, about 4 years old, started twirling and dancing, just like my two daughters used to do, whenever we went to concerts or recitals.  They would spin and frolic, completely oblivious, loving the music which made their bodies go.  Such free spirits. Tonight there were people who told the two little girls to stop, made them sit down, but I thought it was lovely.  I suppose there were people gnashing their teeth when my daughters did the same thing, but I didn't notice them. 

Self-portrait - tired tired tired!  What a long week!  I need to be fast asleep and dreaming...


No comments:

Post a Comment