Sunday, May 30, 2010

Day 150

Angelina and her doting dad.  She loves playing "Leaf".  Here she has just floated down, wafting from one side to the other on the gentle breeze of her father's hands.

Her family came for brunch today and at 5 months now, she continues to charm everyone, including the three 17-year old boys who were in our house this morning.  She has a sweet nature and a kind of serenity about her already, like an old soul.

And I am going to get to babysit in a couple of weeks' time!

I have not been running again since Thursday because I coughed and coughed after that, and my sister said that I must wait to be completely better, so I am listening to her because she is a wise nursing sister.  I do visit my meadow every day with Molly.  The grasses grow taller each day, and the common milkwoods have tiny green notions of flowers within their tips.

Tim and I went for a walk around the Magnolia coastline, near where we used to live.  It is very beautiful there and we saw cormorants sunning themselves on the rocks, hanging out their umbrella-like wings to dry.  Eventually Tim went too close and they took off, heading for their island sanctuary, Kettle Island, where the boys had kayaked earlier for a picnic with a group of friends. 

I think of all the birds, I would love to be a cormorant, because they live at the sea and they can swim and dive and fly! There are only a few creatures on earth that can do that.  They also have turquoise eyes.

So here I am as a cormorant-woman.


No comments:

Post a Comment