Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Day 181

Nahant bee.

Nice to know there are bees there too!

I miss my meadow but I am loving the course. I love my fellow travellers on the week's mixed media journey, I love the teacher, Patrick, who is always excited by art in all its forms, and is a genuinely warm human being who is friendly towards everyone, from the dour Museum guards to the 5-year old twins who live next door to him.  I love the paper we use, the chalk pastels, the thick black pencils, the colour, the line, the smudging wondrous idea of making a blank page full of the image of a person, the person sitting just there across from you.  I love the models for being brave to do this work.

Today I spent the entire day on a large drawing of a man.  He was a beautiful model, with a grounded energy and confident sense of self, compared with the skinny rather introverted male model of Monday's drawing day.  I think he inspired everyone somehow, because we all did good work today.  He is a yoga teacher and masseur. 

He is not perfectly in proportion but I got the essence of the man, I think.

No comments:

Post a Comment