Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Day 106

After waking up to snow!,  and then a long long day of a field trip with 12 6th, 7th, and 8th graders, after which I had afternoon classes while trying desperately to get technology to work for me and the IB website, and then driving into the city in rush hour traffic and painting for 3 hours, and having been up for 19 hours, most of them on my feet, I am just setting out the fewest of lines tonight.

Standing in the studio tonight, painting a picture of a nude model, trying to find the colours in her skin, the shape of her against the light and the dark, I thought how this room is filled with women all trying to understand and lay down in paint, another woman's body.  Such a strange thing really. 

And here is my painting from tonight:  Ta-da!
And that is that.  Goodnight!

No comments:

Post a Comment