Sunday, August 8, 2010

Day 220

Tony, Anne, and mermaid Jess underwater.

So my daughters, my darling girls, are both back in their respective countries, Jess in her "shed" and Emma in her flat overlooking a park, safe and sound and a little bit sad, after having sat for hours high above the ground in a large metal cigar-shaped container which is, impossibly, an aeroplane. 

At any given time, there are thousands of them carving trails through the sky, carrying people and their things at some speed over the clouds, covering vast distances much faster than any other form of transportation. 

I prefer boats, myself.

I ran 4.15 km this morning, trudging along for the first 3km, and then finding it a little easier.  Hot again, with sweat pouring off my eyebrows by the end of it.  What strange things eyebrows are.  Grasshoppers scattered before me, pretending to be dragonflies, their legs become white wings for a moment of flight. 

Sadness sweeps over me throughout the day. I am very glad of all the male members of my family who are still in my house, who take me into their big arms and hearts and jolly me along again.

The portrait for tonight is a portion of Tim's body.  The strangeness of male nipples,which are fairly useless, in the grand scheme of things, compared to a woman's.  But beautiful, nevertheless.

No comments:

Post a Comment