Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Day 278

Camouflage drawing.

My seventh and eighth grade students are just wonderful.  I absolutely love my classes with them!  They are enthusiastic, full of life, willing to work hard, and excited by the exquisite results they see on the walls.

So tonight I burst out at supper with "My kids are the best in the whole world!" meaning my students, but the boys both swelled a little with pride, only to be dashed to the ground by my continuation of the sentence, explaining that it was my students I was talking about!  And then you can never set it right, even though I told them that of course they were the best kids in the whole world, it went without saying, and on and on, digging the hole deeper, etc. etc.,  Their initial delight had had a cold bucket of water poured on it by a thoughtless mother.  Oh dear, sometimes we are so stupid, us mothers!

So tomorrow I am off to an outward bound camping trip in Maine with 30 little 6th graders, where the rain looks like it is going to be falling unhappily the entire time!  Anyway, I have managed to build up some excitement for myself, as I may have a whole group of disappointed and upset children, so I can't be one of the sad ones! 

I will resume the blog on Friday night, with two catch-up entries, which I will prepare in my soggy tent each night in my diary.

I have become fascinated by crows.  Well, more fascinated.  More on that later.  I must go and pack...

No comments:

Post a Comment