Sunday, April 11, 2010

Day 101

I love this lake of clouds.  It all depends on the perspective, doesn't it?  The clouds float in the lake, water ripples the sky.  And the trees in between.

I am taking a short break from running, I'll run again on Wednesday.  I have had bad aches and pains and Tim thinks I should give my body a rest sometimes, not run every day.  When I get up from sitting, it takes my legs a while to agree to walk without hobbling.  I think I will invest in good running shoes which might help, also have a Lyme's disease test perhaps, because the disease can attack your joints.

We spend a lot of our lives cooking.  Sometimes I will enjoy cooking, like a big meal for friends and family which you know is going to be appreciated and around which will rise good conversations, affection, laughter and happy eating.  But I must confess that most of my time spent at the stove I would rather spend anywhere else!  Well, no, not cleaning toilets, but there are so many more things that I would love to be doing instead, like reading.  Today it felt like I wasted my entire precious Sunday afternoon roasting a chicken, and making an apple pie for dessert. (It was delicious, and there was appreciation, as well as good conversation, etc.- see above.)

So this is my creation for the day, an apple pie in honour of spring, with a flowering magnolia for decoration.  In South Africa we called them 'tulip trees'.  There are so many around here, magnificent in their flowering prime right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment