Friday, April 2, 2010

Day 92

The end of winter.  These stalks were once proud and green, then autumn sucked them dry, and winter loaded them with heavy snow.  They will soon be subsumed by new growth, but for now they are giving their last stark show, like weathered bones.

My run today was non-existent, as I have caught Matthew's cold, finally succumbed to a virus, after going for more than a year as strong as an ox.  I did walk far though, and played with running water for an inordinately long time, considering my age.

Snapshots:
A crow wading through the soft shallows of a flooded pond, stopping to crouch and bathe, crouch and bathe.
The shadow of a hawk circling above the trees, floating on the parachute of its wings, its keen eye meeting mine, checking Molly and I for signs of  edibility.
My students acting in a play, taking on different roles,wonderful and funny, their personalities vaunting to the surface.
My son, clothed in a strange invention called a drysuit, ready for sailing practice, tousled hair and eager spirit, so beautiful.
The two little arcs forming the perfect mouth of baby Angelina, so mobile, so expressive.
The smile on my face on waking this morning, at the happy realization that it was the last sleep before I again share my bed with my husband.

My self-portrait tonight is again in England, so many thoughts of my 8-year-old self!  I am standing in front of my little garden which is just beginning to sprout, like the memories in my head.






No comments:

Post a Comment