Saturday, April 24, 2010

Day 114

Collage of highway drivers seen from my passenger seat on our trip to Rhode Island yesterday, texting, eating, singing, smoking, picking their noses, and all the other interesting things we do while driving!

I ran late today, after spraying pyrethrin all over my shoes and socks and lower trouser-legs.  Pyrethrin is a poison which repels ticks (hopefully) made from chrysanthemums!  (My dad thought they were called "Christian anthems" when he was a little boy, I can see where Matthew gets his "For Cynthia" bushes from!) I began at 7pm and ended at 7.40, and broke the 5km barrier!  For the first time ever, I ran 3.31 miles, which is 5.32km.  It was lovely.  I am quite proud.

I surprised three grazing rabbits in different locations, although one watched me for a while before leaping away and showing me his cottontail.  And two astonished turkeys who were searching for a good place to roost hurried off in their awkward wary way.

While I was running an entire light show played out just for my enjoyment.  The firmament plumed with watercolour streaks of cloud, the sun slowly sank below the horizon, the moon began to glow in the darkening sky, and a cool evening breeze softly offered me breath.


My self-portrait tonight, garden angels swirling in the evening sky.

No comments:

Post a Comment