Friday, April 9, 2010

Day 99

Funnel-web spider-web near the bee-hives. 

A misty morning again.   Everything was beautiful, pristine, the grass strewn with jewels, the tips of all the leaves hung with diamonds.

I ran 1.5 miles (2.4km) in 20 minutes.  It was easy running and I could have gone on for longer but I had to leave.  A gentle rain cooled my skin, birds sang, frogs peeped, and there was a brief moment of feeling "All's right with the world!"  A brief moment.

I was treated to lunch by my friend who lives too far away.  Going to her house is like driving from Grahamstown to Port Elizabeth!  We women talk and laugh and cry, sharing our histories as they unfold.  An enduring and loyal bond exists through time, stretching and contracting, always abiding.

It is so late that I must use an old picture again, so here is a favorite painting of mine, the lemon tree that I painted 35 years ago.  The lemon tree is part of the sky and light illuminates the branches and the fruit.  And the roots come from the earth and the sun is woven through it all... 


No comments:

Post a Comment