Saturday, November 6, 2010

Day 310 (55 days to go, 55 years old, born in 1955)

Causeway clouds.

Today I ran on and on through the cold air, through the wonderful bright meadow and the darker forest road, one of those easy running days.  Well, it is never effortless, of course, but sometimes I feel like I'm kind of floating along, even uphill, even though I am still going much slower than any other runner, most probably!  It is a feeling of invincibility, knowing that your body is capable, is enjoying itself, a knowledge of how your own strong body moves through the world.  So I did one extra circuit and ran 6.05 km in 45 minutes, which is 7.26 minutes per km.

Tim, watching all the birds at my window-feeder, back and forth, waiting on the holly-tree, flitting up, then out again to alight on a branch and eat the seed, some using their little clever feet and beaks to shell the seed, while another flits up to the feeder, then leaping into the air again, quick flights back and forth, says, "Anne, it's like a really busy airport!.  You see, there, some of them go into a holding pattern, others land (on the holly tree) and then wait their turn for takeoff.  And you could just sit here and watch them for hours  It's like Heathrow!" 

Hymns are good for rhythmic running, as I have mentioned before, some of them so beautiful, they are poetry.  Today I had the hymn Oh Worship the King, in my head as I was running, and thinking about the words, I decided to rewrite it to something I might worship, like, for example, The Whale.

So these are the actual words:
Oh worship the king
All glorious above
Oh gratefully sing
His power and his love
Our shield and defender
The ancient of days
Pavilioned in splendour
And girded with praise.

Oh tell of his might
Oh sing of his grace
Whose robe is the light
Whose canopy space
His chariots of wrath
The deep thunderclouds form
And dark is his path
On the wings of the storm.

And here are the words I slightly changed, still to the same tune, it was just fun thinking up something else while I was running around the meadow.

Oh worship the whale
All glorious below
Oh gratefully hail
Its power as it goes
That diver and bender
The ancient of days
Pavilioned in splendor
At its beauty we gaze.

Oh tell of its might
Oh sing of its grace
Its robe the foam white
The ocean its space
Its body gigantic
Such waves it can form
And deep is its path
On the wings of the storm.

So that was my creative achievement for today!


No comments:

Post a Comment