Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Day 321

Landscape with clouds.

My mother always said that everything looked more beautiful under a sky with clouds, no matter what kind.  She taught me all the real words for them when I was very small, whenever we drove anywhere in the car, like on the way to nursery school at Mrs Trembath's house on Ringwood Drive, "What kind of clouds are those?".  And I would answer correctly and then we would sing at the tops of our voices, "Scotland the Brave" or "Old MacDonald had a farm" or some such. 

I missed her today.

Well, I went for a run and I didn't drop dead, which I was happy about.  Molly and I ran 4.23 km in just over 7 minutes per km, which wasn't bad.  Had a huge coughing fit halfway along, then felt better.

Sometimes you get this amazing feeling, running, when, for a few moments, you are utterly unencumbered, by your body, your thoughts, you could almost float away....

Then you turn uphill and as suddenly your body is ponderous, your breathing laboured, and you are well and truly encumbered once more.

Self-portrait.  This is how I felt most of today.


No comments:

Post a Comment