Thursday, November 11, 2010

Day 315

Running from the sea.

Sun, sun, sun!  We ran 5.02 km in its warmth, even the bees were out!  As I was on my third or fourth circuit around the meadow, having just come out of Refrigerator Corner, a man ran suddenly across the path about 100 meters in front of me, with a cell-phone to his ear. He didn't notice me, but my heart skipped a beat, as they say, and adrenalin rushed through my bloodstream, sent from the adrenal medulla, to help me in my body's decision for flight or fight.

In the next few seconds my fright eased as a young woman followed closely in his footsteps, and I saw then that they were just teenagers, hurrying somewhere.  I jogged on, ready to greet them when they noticed me, but they crossed the entire field and then exited via a deer-path on the other side, without once glancing in my direction! 

I ran 7.10 minutes per km, so was quite pleased with my legs, lungs and body in general. 

In the afternoon I went with my friends to a beautiful place of granite rocks and wild seas. 









Raging waters.











One running from the sea.
Self-portrait with friend's shadow.

No comments:

Post a Comment