Friday, July 2, 2010

Day 183

Lara in Italy.

My course finished today, so sad to leave my lovely cohesive, kind group of 7 artists of unique and varied styles, so interesting and inspirational to be in a studio, all creating away for 5 full long days.  I wish it could have gone on for another week at least. 

I feel that I learned more in this week than I have in most other courses.  Such a good good teacher, Patrick Carter. 

At the beginning of the course, when he was introducing himself, he said that he wanted to get to know each one of us, and I thought, "yeah, yeah, I've heard that one before." 

But he really did, he cared about each person, gleaned information from us and remembered it, used it to inform him of our strengths as artists, knew when to challenge, when to criticize, when to encourage.  One of the finest teachers I have ever encountered. 

My art has moved into a different realm due to him.  I was so stagnant, and now I am raring to go again.  But first I must go to bed.

So this is Myra looking pensive.


In Campagny
He checked again.  Nothing that he could see.

He felt all around it.  He even did a handstand to observe upside down, in case it was the wrong way around.  And as he balanced easily on his hands, he noticed something.

In a tiny split in the flowerstalk, like the one the she-mantis makes in which to lay her eggs, was a small brass key, the one he had been looking for.

But how to get it out without damaging the small plant.  He had large banana fingers, or so he had been told, although he had never in his life seen a banana.

But he had to get through, he had to see Norena Skull-engraver again.

He looked around him.  The mountain looked back greyly.
(to be continued each day for the rest of the year)

No comments:

Post a Comment