Thursday, July 29, 2010

Day 210

Four in the Peabody-Essex Museum.

The beautifully designed Peabody-Essex Museum in Salem.  We went to Salem specifically to see the memorial to the 18 people accused of witchcraft in 1692 and hanged for it.  One man was "pressed to death" which brings home how utterly barbaric the whole incident was.

Salem is a peculiar place, full of fake pseudo objects and people.  I got into trouble for turning things which are supposed to be turned, like big kaleidoscope-type things, as I had not see the sign saying "DO NOT TOUCH".  We recalled when Jess had done a similar thing in a fancy shop in Boston, picking up a little watery dome thing and shaking it, only to find she had just killed all the sea-monkey shrimp and their perfectly balanced world!  She had mistaken it for a snow-globe.

I didn't get to run today, maybe tomorrow, so many things to do, food to make, and a lovely Beatles concert to end the day, with great food made by my friend, and smiley faces, only Nick missing, performing in his play. 

This portrait "Sunglasses", serves as my self-portrait tonight, although it was taken by Markie, of me and my daughters and their boyfriends, whom I love already.  You just have to love the people your children have chosen.  And usually it is easy because they select well.

And Lily continues to wolf down food and is almost her old self.

And Poison Ivy has lifted her hold on me and is slowly slinking away!



No comments:

Post a Comment