Friday, July 23, 2010

Day 204

Umbrels.

I ran 2.10 miles, because the pedometer has somehow jumped on to recording miles, and I don't seem able to change it back to km again!  Sometimes I am technologically challenged, although I am very good with machines that I can take apart and put together again, like the old roneo copying machine we used to have at Nombulelo.  Just things with chips are not easily comprehensible to me.  That is 3.37 km.  It was lovely today, easy again.  Perhaps it is after I have eaten bread the day before, that it is more difficult to run.

So disappointed today because Jess's flight was delayed, so she is only arriving tomorrow, a whole day wasted, although she will have a good time in Amsterdam, at a nice hotel, and with a temporary visa to explore the city.

I am feeling rather miserable too, because I have discovered that what I thought was an inconvenient mosquito bite is actually poison ivy, right right on my inner thigh, and it is probably, like the time I had it before, from peeing in the meadow.  I am always really careful and look before I squat, but must have missed some.  I have no idea why the ubiquitous winter-moth, whose caterpillars strive to eat every leaf on every tree in early spring, don't touch poison ivy.  Why can't it work that they eat every scrap of poison ivy in the forest, so that it will be eradicated!  My children told me that I must not pee in the meadow, most people pee in toilets in the house!  But what am I to do while I am running and need to desperately?  I am, after all, nearly 55 years old and have had four children, two at the same time for the last pregnancy, sitting on that poor bladder.

And it is so unfair, I who love the woods and the meadow, to be afflicted like this!  It is like a spider that you have carefully captured in order to set free, biting you as you let it go.  I am so disappointed. 

No comments:

Post a Comment