Friday, July 16, 2010

Day 197

Thistle beauty.

First day of another heat-wave.  Scientists have determined that instead of 1 or 2 hot summers each decade, there will be up to 7 heatwave summers each decade over the next 30 or so years. 

Think of everything that will be affected.  Crops, animals, birds, flora, and people.  Last time there was a bad heatwave in Europe up to 50 000 people died as a direct result of the heat! 

I will have to run early in the morning or late in the evening, and today I managed neither again.  My right leg has been suffering for some reason.  Tim massaged my sciatica last night for ages last night, but it is still excruciatingly painful at odd times.  I thought a run might fix it, but it was not to be. 

This evening there were beautiful lightning flashes from a convectional thunderstorm, then fat drops splashing down, but not very much for the thirsty soul.  Lovely smell of rain though.

I did this drawing of Tim tonight, he agreed to pose, but soon dosed off, so it was hard to do the lovely hands holding the book.  So this is Tim yielding to Sleep, sailing away to dreamland.

No comments:

Post a Comment