Thursday, February 4, 2010

Day 35

About 15F (-9C) wind-chill today, utterly freezing wind, good grief!  My lips couldn't talk properly when I tried to praise Molly.   Ran about 2km, although I forgot my pedometer, so don't know for sure, but I have a pretty good idea of how many circuits make a km, so I think I did 2 today.  My legs are quite achy tonight, I wish I could just open up something in my knees and squirt some oil in there to loosen things up. 

Nick fell asleep in front of the woodstove this evening while reading Moby Dick.  Matthew took some pictures of him without a flash and accidentally moved the camera during the long exposure, but I love this one, it is the epitome of sleep.

My self-portrait has some of the things I love besides my family, some literal and some symbolic.

It always amazes me how differently we perceive the world, and how ignorant and nasty some of us are.  The other day a man came by and struck up a conversation while Tim was gazing at a hole in a tree, waiting for an owl to perhaps pop out and sun itself.  He was interested in seeing the owl and Tim thought he was a fellow birdwatcher, but it turned out he was out hunting coyotes.  I saw a coyote a couple of weeks ago, in the forest, and was blissfully happy after seeing it, they are so elusive, so cautious, possibly from dealing with idiots like this man.

No comments:

Post a Comment