Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Day 48

29F when I went out this morning, took Molly for a little walk and then brought her home again because of her leg, which seems much better today!  Then left her staring at me through the glass door, very confused and indignant, and went back and ran 2.09km.  I had almost forgotten how arduous it is, running in thick snow, but it was also lovely, sunny, beautiful.  Spangled, snow-covered branches, blue blue sky.  I took many photographs and love this one in particular, although it was an effort to choose only one.  I call this one 'Tracery'.

While I was in the meadow, the mother of one of my ex-students called my cell-phone (which is there in case I fall and break something) to tell me about the Fundred project www.fundred.org, to make 300 000 000 hand-drawn hundred-dollar bills to take to Washington and request an exhange for real money, a grant which will be used to eliminate lead from polluted soil in US cities, starting with New Orleans.  Such an admirable and positive project.   I am going to do it with all my students.  It is a great example of compassion and creativity doing good in the world.

So my self-portrait is a watercolour in the snowy meadow today, with snow decorating my hair from running through the woods, where, every now and then, unexpectedly, a white cold dollop of snow slips off its branch above, and plops down on to your unsuspecting head, shoulders, or tender back of the neck.

No comments:

Post a Comment