Saturday, February 6, 2010

Day 37

22F (-5C) with wind-chill factor much lower, I think.  Molly and I went to the beach, where we were met with moody skies, snow-flurries, a tide way out, and  lovely hard sand on which to run!  I discovered how wonderful it is to run on a flat surface, rather than an uneven meadow!  "Beach" is Molly's second favourite word, after "walk", although it probably ties with "treat".

The ocean - it is where we go to rejuvenate.  I am always happier after I have been at the sea, lighter.  As e.e.cummings wrote, "For whatever we lose, like a you or a me, it's always ourselves we find in the sea."

I bought some daffodil buds on Friday and they are all blossoming out, like little shards of sunlight shining on my old oak table.  They were my mother's favourite flower, I think.  My grandmother, who was very petite, and from whom I inherited my artistic abilities, loved nasturtiums.  So as a child I chose daffodils and nasturtiums as my favourite flowers, and they still are.

No comments:

Post a Comment