Saturday, February 20, 2010

Day 51

45F today, although there was a very very freezing cold wind on the beach!  I ran a bit on the beach, but there were corrugations which proved difficult, and further up the shoreline the sand was soft and impossible.  But Tim and I walked a couple of miles, looking for horses galloping for him to photograph.  There were plenty of horses but none that galloped.  These ones reminded me of dancers in a chorus-line, perfectly synchronised.

But all my bees were out today, flying about like crazy happy buzzers!  I am glad to see them all healthy, hope they continue that way until spring!

We live in a beautiful part of Massachusetts, lots of farmland and woods, cows and horses and trees, and wild animals - coyotes, fishers, foxes, beavers.  Every day I see birds of prey, and I saw 9 turkey buzzards on Friday afternoon, riding the thermals together, imposing and magnificent.  Three deer walked through our back yard yesterday, you can see one on Tim's flickr stream http://www.flickr.com/photos/bowtoo.  He also has a wonderful picture of the dear little rust-coloured screech owl that we saw today sunning itself, well, just its head peeping out of its nest-hole, the sweetest thing! 

So here is a photograph of trees painted with snow that I took the other day, and there is me in the corner, sitting on a large lump of snow, contemplating the cold beauty.  I love this landscape every day.  I am transplanted, and growing roots.

No comments:

Post a Comment