Monday, March 1, 2010

Day 60

Quaint little girl in playground.
She was in a world of her own, reminded me of my own fey daughters at that age.

Before school, I walked up to the meadow with Molly in the rain today, looked in on the bees.  There were many dead lying outside the Righteous Sisters (the right-hand hive) which could be a good sign, (the undertaker bees are still doing their work, therefore the hive is strong) or a bad sign (the bees are just walking out and dying on the doorstep).  I will only know in Spring which one is true.  I press my ear to the side of the hive every few days and they still seem to be buzzing happily (or irritatedly - when is this bloody winter going to be finished?) away inside.  The other day when the temperature went up to about 46, they were all flying about, so that was a good sign too.

I am too tired to write more tonight, so here is the self-portrait that does not look like me, I just kind of doodled it, reminds me of a remark by someone in the 8th grade class today who asked me if I was part Native-American.  Which is a compliment, I believe. 

No comments:

Post a Comment