Monday, March 22, 2010

Day 80

Dog's eye view

My Molly-dog yesterday on her walk in the forest.

I felt in a blue funk all day, struggling with the pictures in my head again, and after a barbecue at our friends' house in Nahant, which I probably ruined with my topics of conversation, and a short visit to see little Angelina, such a dear little alert and responsive baby who briefly lifted my spirits, I went to bed feeling sick in mind and body and woke up 13 hours later, this morning.  Hence no posting last night.

So my portrait today is one I did for my friend's birthday, a collage of his wife and her life. 

My son Nick, enquiring about my sadness, asked me to please not become "one of those old depressed people". 

So I won't.  It is of the utmost importance to provide a good example to my children, of how to deal with both despair and delight, and how to live in the world with integrity. 


No comments:

Post a Comment