Sunday, March 7, 2010

Day 66

Another beautiful day.  I ran halfway around the meadow until I was suddenly struck with agonising pain in my left thigh.  Stopping abruptly, I tried to walk a bit but it was extremely painful.  I thought I must have pulled a muscle.  My running days were over!  I tried running it off, I walked, I hopped on the good leg, then tried shaking it out, exciting Molly who thought that each shake was a kick of her tennis ball. Then, by the time I got to the road into the forest, my leg was better!  And I began running again, and in fact ran 3.5km!  It was hot, I got all sweaty, and really appreciated Refrigerator Corner every time I rounded it, the only place which still has ice.

This afternoon I got to hold the newest little person I know again - Angelina Hall!  It was her baby shower, and she received wonderful presents, and was so good, being passed from adorer to adorer.  A baby who just makes everyone who meets her go all daft and mushy.

Tonight I am using an old self-portrait.  Long ago I used to do a self-portrait for every wedding anniversary.  This is one I did in the 80's.  I love the Knysna Lourie earrings!

No comments:

Post a Comment