Friday, January 15, 2010

Day 15


36F (2.3C) 1.3km. (the first day that I have woken up and not wanted to run)

Lily the ancient cat decided that she wanted to go out the other day when it was SO cold.  Tim said that I probably should have let her, she most likely  wanted to walk off and die in the snow like the old Inuit do, when they have become a burden on their village.  I told her that she couldn't, and kept her from the door every time it opened.  Tim said that I would be the one in the Inuit village feeding all the old people, letting no one go off into the snow to die.  I think that is a good thing.


Going on a field trip in the school-bus last year, one of the teachers asked me what my favourite animal was and 5 adjectives to describe it.  I immediately began ecstatically describing the elephant, as enormous (the biggest land-animal on earth), matriarchal with strong family ties (the whole elephant society is run by the old matriarchs), so intelligent that they have a sense of humour (Joyce Poole discovered this), having empathy with others, and being able to communicate by using infrasound.  The young teacher looked a bit non-plussed, and then quickly explained to me that it is a game and the animal you choose represents you, and all the adjectives you choose describe you, or how you see yourself!  She mentioned that the other two teachers had both chosen the dog as their favourite animal, being loyal , trustworthy, happy etc.  

No comments:

Post a Comment