Friday, January 29, 2010

Day 29

A bright sunny day but frigid, with 0F wind-chill, that is -17.7C! A dusting of snow from yesteray.  I took Molly for a brief run, about 1km this afternoon, after Matthew and I had returned from his wisdom teeth operation in Boston. 

Hard to watch him go into the operating room and then wait an hour for it all to be over, and worry and knit in the drab waiting room.  He was really alert when it was over though, and talked the hind leg off a donkey, telling me everything that happened, because he remembered a whole lot, even though they told him he wouldn't remember anything.  It is called "conscious sedation", so I suppose there are people who recall bits of memory from the operation itself.

I got the awful news today that the son of my best friend from childhood  has ben diagnosed with leukaemia, so I have felt sad all day.  I was so happy tonight to receive an email which said that they had received a good prognosis from the initial testing, so that sounds a bit better!  Here's wishing great success to all the little warriors in Ben's body, battling the foe!

The wonders of modern technology allow me to take an image of my right hand and then look at it and draw it!  Because that is something my left hand can't do, and that is draw.  But I accidentally bumped a key which suddenly zoomed in on the photograph, so that I was enthralled by screen-high fingers!  Which is what you see behind the hand, the pointing finger.  That ring I have had for about 20 years, it is battered and bent, but I love it.  Tim gave it to me.  The turtle was given to me by Tim also, and the lower one on my ring finger has dolphins leaping, although you can't see that from the drawing - this one is from my ex-mother-in-law.  The one above it was given to me by Emma, I think,and her little baby lovebird bit off some pieces in 1997, but it all remained intact and I love it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment