Sunday, January 3, 2010

Day 3

The Run

Tim and I have been so tired all day, having got up to shovel the car out at 4.30am, in order to get Emma to the airport to catch her flight, which was still flying out, to our great astonishment, snow pouring down since yesterday! 

So I was pretty miserable all day, and it was quite late when I went for my run and I only managed 1.8km, because in places the snow was more than a foot deep!  Very beautiful and I observed a red-tailed hawk hunting in our meadow.  I often seem to sing along in rhythm to my running feet, the same song, "Land of the Silver-Birch" which I learnt when I was a Brownie, long ago, and it is always amazing how all the words of so many songs and hymns are just there somewhere in a file in your head, waiting years for you to retrieve them, but fresh and ready when you do.

The self-portrait

Drew my left hand, which can do quite a lot of things which my right hand is better at, but it tries really hard.  It can juggle, and throw the ball for Molly.  And do quite a few things when the right hand gets tired, like vacuuming the staircase.  The rings: thumb-ring, birthday present from my friend Mary in 2009, the silver frog ring, a birthday present from my daughters a few years' ago, and on my ring finger, my wedding ring and my mother's narrow war-time wedding band. 

No comments:

Post a Comment