Sunday, January 24, 2010

Day 24

38F, and predictions for 50F (10C) tomorrow!  But it is going to pour with rain!  I ran/walked 2.1km today, and that after a long walk on Hampton beach in New Hampshire, where we went to see a beautiful little screech owl sitting in a tree, with many enthusiastic people crowded around taking photographs and exclaiming happily.  It was a lovely morning and Tim was in his element, taking many images of the owl and the sea. I also took some pictures with my beloved little point-and-shoot Canon, but my favourite shot of the day was from this afternoon's walk/run.  This old apple tree dances in the second meadow, next to 'my' meadow.   

The self-portrait with a charcoal pencil, very quick and simple, I ended up looking fairly serene, which is far from how I actually feel tonight, having struggled frustratedly for hours with the Beekeepers' Newsletter.  Tim rescues me when I am foaming at the mouth.  Sometimes I hate computer programmes so much!  And myself, for volunteering for this position, which I must still hold for another whole year!  But how lucky to have a knight in shining armour.  Maybe that is why I look serene.

No comments:

Post a Comment