Monday, January 25, 2010

Day 25


Saw this warthog made of ice crystals in a rockpool at Hampton Beach yesterday.  

41F when Tim woke me up to say goodbye this morning!  Ran downstairs to wish Matthew good luck (Nick had no exam today) Fed and watered all the myriad plants in my house, the delicate souls that can't survive a New England winter and have to be brought inside after the summer at the first hint of overnight frost.  Gave words of encouragement to my Erythrina which has grown too tall to live with all the other plants and must endure alone in the Lily Lounge which is quite cold in winter.  Fed geriatric piggy, wild birds and squirrels who pounce on the food as soon as I put it out, like they've been hanging about in the trees since sunrise waiting just for me.  Fed ancient cat and crazy black dog.  Brief run up to bees and back, persuaded Molly that she had to hurry up with the workings of her stomach, grabbed some rice and spinach and humus for my lunch, and then off to school!  Where I had an inspection from the principal today, with a crazy 8th grade class who were surprisingly well-behaved!  This afternoon, I had a very happy 11th grader when I gave him the good news that his work had won a Gold Key award in a state-wide art competition.  Now it goes forward to a national competition in Washington!  



I had to wait a long time for Nick after Journalism tonight.  He apologized when he got into the car but I hadn’t even noticed the time, I had just lain back and watched the rain running down the windscreen, with the rain’s shadow on the dashboard going the other way, looking like it was running up, for some physical reason not immediately evident to my tired brain..  Taught 9th graders about profiles today, so tried to do one of my own.  

No comments:

Post a Comment