Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Day 27


35F (1.6C) Beautiful sunny morning 3.47km (2.15miles)  The day began frustratingly with me finishing the Beeline newsletter, my monthly nemesis!  I had a lovely run though, my best in days, because it is so much easier to run on bare ground, not covered in snow!  The entire Heartbreak Hill is free of snow, and my snow angel is no more.  A picture of Molly at her shrine - THE BALL TREE.

Nick and I had to go to a dermatologist, about 40 miles away, so it was a long time driving, especially coming home, in rush hour. I looked over at Nick when he didn't respond to something I said, to see that he was asleep, somehow small and curled up, like a Great Dane lying there, and I felt such a rush of love for this long-limbed child of mine. He has always fallen asleep in cars, and prams, and supermarket trolleys, since he was a baby, whereas Matthew, his twin, always sat up, attentive and wide-eyed the entire time Nick slept.  And I remembered how many times I have had to rescue him and get him to a doctor, or a hospital, this accident-prone boy!  When he was four years old, I carried him about three miles from the Village Green to the doctor's office in High Street one day when his eardrum burst, and he was in such pain, lying on my back, a dead weight!  But I carried him all the way, and went quite fast, and managed to hold Matthew's hand most of the way too, because that is what mothers do, they rescue their children, they make them better, they protect them, like fierce fierce tigers.


I had to have a mole biopsied, so I have this huge target-like band-aid on my face, and look like a dork.  So this is my picture for today, looking a bit down, and downward.  But I'm really feeling fine. 

No comments:

Post a Comment