Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Day 19




Snowing (again) 33F (0.5C)  3.3km (2.05 miles)

It was really hard going so that I stopped quite often, it being almost like an obstacle course at times in the deep snow, like army training when they have to run across a field of rubber tires, putting their feet into the circles of ground inside each tire, so exhausting.

This is Molly waiting patiently (well, not really) for me to call her to come to me.  I was inspecting my snow angel and made her stay at Refridgerator Corner so that she wouldn't gallop up and tread on it!

The snow angel was covered with a film of new snow, all the contours softened. 

The self-portrait is how I am all wrapped up when I have to go out in the cold.  The expression is something like I look when I don't want to have to shovel again.  And also how I look tonight, so saddened by the news of the Republican candidate's win of the Massachusetts Senate seat formerly held by Ted Kennedy.

The eye on the left is much too big.  And it might even be looking in another direction, like Marty Feldman's eyes.  But it is virtually impossible to erase this kind of black soft pencil on this paper.  The scarf around my neck is my lovely orange pashmina which I received from Emma for Christmas.


No comments:

Post a Comment