Saturday, January 16, 2010

Day 16


Beautiful day!  43F (6C)  This is the legendary Frankie, the 13 year-old long-haired daschund, who trudged (and lolloped at times) more than 5km through the woods on his short little legs, with his tummy constantly grazed by the snow, his gallant heart undaunted.

I didn't run at all today but went for a long walk through the snowy woods with my friend and her daughter, (and Frankie and Molly) and got completely lost, which was a wonderful experience actually because we found our way back with humour and patience and enjoyment!  

So my self-portrait today was as a tree, because I loved walking through their grandeur today, the deciduous trees in their dormant state, waiting patiently for Spring, when they will "plume forth, plume forth, and be splendid" as D H Lawrence wrote, and the evergreens stately and enduring, and all lit by the sparkling sun which was actually warm on our backs at times.

I added the oranges at the end because if I was a tree I would love to bear fruit, and oranges are beautiful in colour and in taste.  And then I had to stop because it was nearly midnight and I needed to post this before the day was over.



No comments:

Post a Comment