Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Day 26


Saw this rocky heart in the snow on Sunday.  The snow in the meadows has probably mostly melted now because of all the rain and high temperatures we have had, yesterday and today.  But by Friday apparently we will be well below freezing again! 

It is 4 years since my mother died.  Jess, one of her granddaughters,  wrote on FB, "Four years ago today an amazing woman died. She was the rock of our family and joy and light personified. She loved her children, grandchildren and great grandchildren with all her heart and soul and never failed to make each and every one of us feel special. She was an inspiration to me and I miss her everyday."  

I miss being loved like that, no one ever loves you like your mother loves you.  She possessed a bright swift mind and a broad knowledge, and would discuss anything and everything.  She had wonderful hands which made so many beautiful things, knitting and cross-stitching and creating many gifts for her family and friends.  She was beloved by many many people in her long life.  She taught me how to love.


For the self-portrait, I just kind of doodled, almost, on an old piece of paper, without looking at a mirror, I always end up in my drawings looking like a Native American for some reason.   

No comments:

Post a Comment