Thursday, January 28, 2010

Day 28

27F and it snowed again today! This is Molly last year around about this date as I didn't take any pictures in the meadow today.  What deep deep snow we had this time last year!  Perhaps we are still in for heavy snow this winter, sigh.....  I ran 2.91km today, although it felt like more than yesterday, but the pedometer doesn't lie, does it?  Sometimes it is really hard the whole way, but other times, like today, I get into a rhythm which feels pretty good.  I never thought I would experience anything like this.  I've lived all my life believing that I couldn't run.  Never say never indeed!

This look is skeptical, and also a bit thoughtful, wondering how Matthew's wisdom teeth extraction operation is going to go tomorrow morning.  Also, I'm thinking of some friends of ours who have just adopted a little baby and they are struggling with learning her cries and her needs.  She is a very lucky little girl, and no doubt they will soon all be a unit, but Tim and I were remembering how shocking it is to have a newborn baby, this new little delicate fragile thing, for whom you are utterly responsible, and it breaks your heart when they cry so tragically with colic or wind or whatever. 

The wind is howling outside and I'm going to bed!

No comments:

Post a Comment