Sunday, January 17, 2010

Day 17

3.77 km! (2.4miles)  38F (3.3C)

I felt very despondent this morning, missing my mother.  The exercise from running seems to make me feel so much better.  I know that marathon runners get the "runner's high", caused by endorphins surging through the limbic and prefrontal areas of their brains, which is apparently the same feeling you get from falling in love.  Which sounds wonderful, but I hardly run a marathon distance!  Perhaps my brain is so surprised with the experience of running, which has never happened in its life before, that it only requires a few endorphins for it to feel good.

This is Molly with her little yellow god.


This self-portrait looking down was done with a 5b pencil on a gloomy Sunday afternoon in front of the roaring wood-stove, when I found myself unexpectedly all alone at home.  I was pleased with its delicate nature.

No comments:

Post a Comment