Sunday, January 31, 2010

Day 31

So, I have finished one month, eleven to go!  27F today (-2.7) and it felt warm.  And, I broke the boundary of 4km!  I ran 4.23km (2.62 miles) today, and quite comfortably too.  I am amazed. 

It was beautiful in the meadow, and I surprised a pair of American Robins, which look very similar to South African Cape Robins, which flew noisily away, their fat round tummies glowing orange.  And a male cardinal sang his downhill song, reminding me of my dad whistling.  

My beautiful boys and their little friend Chris, wearing the hat I knitted him for Christmas.  They have known Chris since he was born and they all love one another very much.


And here is my self-portrait, taken on a very chilly day when Tim and I went to Plum Island to look for snowy owls and bald eagles.  We didn't see any, only a few geese hunkered down at the far end of the beach.  It was very very cold that day, and the wind whistled around my head climbing up the flights of stairs to the lookout.  We were the only people for miles around, crazy South Africans!

No comments:

Post a Comment