Saturday, January 23, 2010

Day 23



Mad Molly Malone in the sunny meadow.  It was very cold this morning, and I only ran about 1km, too little time! But it was beautiful and sunny, warmed the cockles of my heart!    I saw a magnificent red-tailed hawk on a tree by the side of the road on my way to fetch the boys from the Ipswich Y, and it was still there on the way back so I called Tim who was on a stakeout at a hole in another tree in Essex, watching out for a screech owl, who never appeared.  He got some beautiful pictures of the hawk though! 

We went to see 'The Lovely Bones' this afternoon with our old friends.  Such a sad, emotionally draining movie.  I was weeping uncontrollably in the car afterwards, and Tim gently pointed out that I had read the book, so I had known what was going to happen.  But books are so different, you can imagine whatever you like, and put the book down if things get too much.  Movies are so shockingly real and immediate.

So I am cheating tonight, because the little girls in the story reminded me of my dear little daughters, who are now grown-up.  Also because I am too too tired to create something new.  This is a self-portrait I did with my two small girls when I was newly divorced in 1983.  We formed a self-contained little world, just the three of us.

No comments:

Post a Comment