Friday, January 8, 2010

Day 8

The run

I had to go into Boston today to drop off some students' artwork for a competition, the Scholastic Awards.  So I only ran late this afternoon, and the light slowly faded as I ran.  Molly and I have beaten quite a path through the snow, and others have made use of our little lane, as I noticed deer-tracks all along the way.  On my second circuit, I suddenly noticed my pedometer lying in the snow!  And it still seems to work!  From the photograph, you can see that it was snowing softly, where the flash caught the snowflakes.

The portrait

I did a half-hour line-drawing this evening while waiting for the henna on my hair to work.  There are so many lines on my face now!  So strange to watch yourself grow old.  My dad once said that he always felt as though he was about 27 or 28, and sometimes it was a shock to suddenly notice how old he really was.   He lived until he was almost 89, a great old age, and when he visited me a year before he died, he still thought he was capable of cutting down a 100ft tree!  He really believed himself strong and capable of doing anything still, as he had lived his whole life.  I have his mouth.


No comments:

Post a Comment