Saturday, January 2, 2010

Day 2


Today was slow going because of the snow, which was about 6 to 8 inches at Refridgerator Corner.  Like running through thick sand, I suppose.  I ran 3.3km though, which I was pleased with, no one else ventured out with me except Mad Molly Malone, the black labrador, who runs behind me making hopeful roaming round patterns around my straighter footprint path.  We crossed so many deer, coyote and rabbit tracks in the meadow. I am always so happy to know that all these animals are about and hopefully thriving.  I was thrilled to catch sight of a long-legged coyote about a week ago in the forest.


I want to do something different each day with the self-portrait, so tonight I took some yellow paper and used a sketch and wash pencil, did a quick picture which only took about half an hour and began with me looking extremely ugly but turned out not too badly in the end.   I was surprised to notice my mothers' eyebrows had popped into my picture.  So strange to observe one's ageing face, I will know it very well by the end of this year.  My husband says that I look like Emma (my oldest child) in this image.

No comments:

Post a Comment