Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Day 20


Already the 20th January!  Good grief!  The older I get, the faster time disappears.  I ran nearly 2km today, and as I returned home, it was snowing again!  So much snow!  So much shoveling.

Molly and the snow angel on the third day, after 2 more gentle snowfalls. 

I was thinking deeply about the fact that the charismatic man won the Massachusetts vote yesterday, the "guy you can go and have a beer with", the "man who speaks his mind", while the woman candidate, the Attorney General, was described as "mild-mannered", "used to considering all sides of an argument", "not friendly enough", etc.  As politicians, why don't we have any ordinary pleasant people: the lovers, the walkers in the woods, the poets, the teachers; not always the hunters, the predators, the egomaniacs, the ignorant by design?


This is how I feel about snow right now. 

1 comment:

  1. I love this portrait... so small in the big snow storm!

    ReplyDelete